Monday, November 3, 2008

In all my randomness....

I started this really fun running program. I know that I was supposed to start that this like in the summer, but now I really have. Its really great and I am really doing it this time. It makes it easy because for every one minute I run, I can walk 2. Its really turning out to be a lot of fun and I feel like I am getting a good work out. I got it off of www.runnersworld.com. This is where I suggest going if you are interested in starting a program.

My big problem is finding quick, easy, cheap, and HEALTHY meals to eat for lunch and dinner. I usually do well in the morning, but by lunch time, my "Mrs. Hyde" comes out and I end up eating more calories than I should. So if any of you have any suggestions, that would be helpful.

I am going to be organizing my own personal 5k run for Thanksgiving. I am not sure that I can run the whole way yet, but I think it will be fun to try. Its just for fun and there is no entry fee. Let me know if you are interested. It will probably take place in Hyrum in the morning this year.

I really had a great day yesterday. It was Sunday. I teach the sunbeams and we talked about being reverent. They are so funny because at the most random times they will just blurt out something like "I got a pink bear for my Birthday" then the whole class will start in on what they got for thier birthday or what they were for halloween or about their cat. It was really fun. Then we came home and it was a rainy day so Gare and I just stayed home and took naps and watched movies. It was great.

Well, thats all the random things I have to talk about. Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

Awesome! I wanna do the 5K! I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in by then, but I guess if I have something to work toward, I might do it. Good luck!

hannah said...

That's a really good idea to switch up running and walking like that. I will start doing that! :)

Reeder Family said...

Hey Jennie,
This is Suzanne Stewart! Looks like you are doing great & it is fun to find old friends!
Keep up the running!

April said...

Jennie!!
My family ran last year the morning of THanksgiving, and I was hoping to find something closer to Brigham City (We spent Thanksgiving last year at my house and we did the Draper Turkey Trot) SOOO I am very interested in doing your run! Do you have a course mapped out yet??? I know Maria and I and my little brother Hyrum will for sure do it! Call me and we can talk details! Love ya!

Just be...... said...

Let us know, we have a whole group in our neighborhood that would like to do it. I think that would be a good tradition to start in Hyrum!