Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mics.

Hey everyone, Its been a while since I posted. So I thought I would update you on what is going on.

We have an offer on our house!!! YAY!!! I hope it all goes well and we can get on with life. I am so sad to leave our amazing ward that we have now. They are truly wonderful people. I will miss them dearly. On that same note, I am happy to be moving home to Perry for a little while. I think my parents are excited to have us close.

I mentioned earlier that my dad has been sick. They have found out that he has cancer. They went in for surgury about 2 1/2 weeks ago to remove a mass. They were able to get that mass out, but after further tests they have found that the cancer has spread to his muscle tissue and the lymphnodes in his pelvis, abdomen, and chest. He has opted out of chemo. I guess he feels like he has had a long eventful life. Also, after seeing others go through that tourture with no avail, he seems very pesimistic about it. Anyway, the doctors have given him about 2 years to live which will make him about 85. Initialy it was really hard to hear and I am sure that I will shed many more tears, but today I am happy for the life that he has had and the time I have had with him.

School is going great. It certainly hasn't been easy, but it has been a lot of fun and hard work. Speaking of school, I will finish this post after class!

So, I am back. This week has been midterms and projects and intense studying. I have had some doubts about my ability to work in the technical writing field. I have a lot to learn and I keep reminding myself that I am here to learn not to already know. But other than some self doubt, all is well.

Our family is all well, except for a bout of swine flu for the boys, everyone is happy and well.

4 comments:

Arizona Manwarings said...

so sorry to hear about your dad our prayers will be with him. So exciting about selling your house YEA!

Anonymous said...

Jenny----
Im so sorry to hear about your dad!
reading this "Cancer" brought back some recent feelings about mikes father. :(
im so sorry!

we will be thinking of you!

AND YAY YAY YAY on your house!!
keep us posted!

Brandi said...

Glad things have worked out with your house. That will be great for your dad and mom to have you close by.
Yea for your hard work in school. Keep it up, you are awesome!

Nicole said...

Where in Perry are you moving too?

heard about your dad and was sad. He is such a part of PERRY! He always brought my dog to me when she got out instead of taking her to the pound. And years later after we ended up in the same ward and the dog had to go live with grandma on the farm, he remembered that crazy dog and that I went with her! He is so funny.

But 2 years is a long time still and a time to cherish those moments. Enjoy!