Sunday, April 24, 2011

Define yourself...

In that movie, Runaway Bride, there is a scene where Julia Roberts' character has to figure out what kind of eggs she really likes, because for so long she has feigned her style due to who she was dating. This scene keeps playing over and over in my mind because I feel that way about everything in my life. I don't think I have ever taken the time to figure out who I am. I have spent my entire life pleasing everyone else. I was the best daughter, sister, friend and neighbor because I was always living my life to please everyone else. I was always so unhappy. Well, I want to figure out what kinds of eggs I like. I want to know what my style is and who I really am. I am not completely lost for I know that I love Gary. I know that I love to serve people. I am most at home and at ease with myself when I am serving people. What I don't know is what color to paint my bedroom, what kind of clothes I want to where and what sport I want to pursue-I know I have an athletic heart, but not a competitive heart. In the end, Julia Roberts' character decides she actually doesn't like eggs at all. I don't know what I will find at the end of this journey, but I have hope it will be a positive experience and I will be much happier in my own skin...I hope.

No comments: