Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Positive Thinking

For the last month, I have been moping about the house feeling sorry for myself because things were not where I wanted them in my life. No job, family issues and the tremendous guilt from not sticking to my diet. But recently, I have been reminded of the power of positive thinking. Its been said that athletes and other successful people use positive thinking to motivate, encourage, and achieve the awards they seek. How does it work? An athlete might spend time before the competition, meditating on winning the race, catching the ball, hitting the home run, or making that 3 point shot. They think it through fully from start to finish. They can imagine themselves running fast and crossing the finish line.

The same principle can apply to our everyday lives. If there is a difficult task at hand, take the time to ponder it and think it through fully from start to finish. Meditate finishing the task successfully.

I have neglected to do this. I have neglected a lot of things. But, for this week or for now, I am going to practice this. Many of our stumbling blocks in life are based on our mental hinderance of our phyche. I plan to fight through that until my stumbling blocks become stepping stones.

2 comments:

bamatamb said...

Love this post...love you! :)

The Hash's said...

wow, was this for me...
positive thinking team, I think I will joint this team with you,
thanks.