Monday, April 21, 2008

The Talking Dog...

Three racehorses were in the stable waiting for the big race. Trying to psych each other out, they began bragging. First horse, 'I've been in 38 races and have only lost twice.' Second horse, 'Well, I've been in 47 races and have never lost.' Third horse, 'Huh, I've never lost either and I even beat Secretariat twice.' Just then, they heard a chuckle by the stable door, and there was a greyhound dog walking up to them. The greyhound said, 'That's nothing. I've been in over 200 races and have won every one by at least 3 lengths.' First horse, 'Wow! That's amazing - a talking dog!'

So Gary and I recieved callings yesterday from the Bishop. I was called to be Den Leader in the Cub Scouts. I will be over the Webelos. I am really excited and ready to play. Gary was called as the Venturing Coach for the priests. He is really nervous but glad to be serving. He is so great with his service and time. He has always magnified his calling. I think he will be great in this position as well.

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

that is awesome!! I'm excited for both of you. I loved working in the scouting and also with the young men, both callings were great.I'm sure that you both will have a lot of fun, your personalities are perfect for these callings, congrats!!
Bryce