Monday, August 18, 2008

Our First Camping Trip as a Couple...ever!

Gary and I finally decided that nothing else was going on this weekend so we were going camping. So I got home from work on Friday. We loaded our stuff for the camp out. We had foam mattresses, 2 sleeping bags, 2 blankets, 1 tent, 1 cooler, 1 bundle of fire wood, hotdogs, roasting sticks, and of course s'more stuff. All of this filled our trunk and back seat. I was amazed how much stuff two people needed to go camping. Well, we set up the tent (only took me two minutes) and started the fire. We ate dinner and desert and then, we were like now what? So I, being smart sometimes, pulled out the trivia cards I brought from my game. We trivia'd until we could see to read the cards. We went to bed early and had a less then restful sleep (its indeed to rocky and hard for me) and we woke up at 7 then next morning packed up and came home for some waffles. It was great fun!


6 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Sounded like fun!! It is hard to get any sleep when camping. It's the experience!! Shauna and I had told our kids that we were going camping this summer, it didn't fan out, and we haven't heard any complaining about not going.

hannah said...

I'm not a lover of camping, but Travis and I have done the same thing. Its amazing how much stuff 2 people need for one night! :)

The Wettstein Family said...

Ha! I always have to take a Claritin or Benadryl when I go camping or I can't sleep because of the rocks digging into my back and the bears that I know are prowling around outside!

Shelley Hansen said...

Jennie,

Hello! It is me Shelley. You look so good. Congrats on the wedding. So how have things been for you?

Torri P said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Hey I thought you might want to know that Bishop Wight passed away and his funeral is Monday at 1:00 at the Perry Stake Center. I wasn't sure if you would hear or not.

Arizona Manwarings said...

I always love a camping trip. I think that if you can camp together its a breeze to be toghether forever.