Monday, September 15, 2008

How long has it been...

So I guess it has been forever since I have blogged. I attempted once, but I was trying to do it at work and ended up beening too busy. Anyway, a few things to update you on...

Gary and I decided to heed the prophets counsel and pay off our debts. So we are working two jobs each. Gary got a job as a relief cook at a new little restaurant in Paradise and when it opens I will let you all know, so you can go try it out yourself. He hasn't started on a regular basis, but it is set to open in a week or two. Also, I got a job as a news carrier. At the time this seemed to be the perfect job. I would bring home a grand every month as extra money. We would have our bills paid off in less than a year (wishful thinking). I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and I have already given my notice. The reasons: 1. I have to get up at 3:30 am every morning 7/365. 2. I am cranky or insane due to lack of sleep everyday. 3. My dear sweet husband figured out that the amount of time, gas, and wear on my car that is occuring I am making only 4.50 an hour. So I give up. There you have it. We are trying to work hard to get things paid off, but it will take us a little longer than originally planned.

The next thing I wanted to tell you about is that my mom and I went to "Time Out for Women" in Logan on Friday and Saturday. It was so much fun. It is like women's confrence, but more fun. There were several speakers there. I had the chance to meet: Kenneth Cope, Mary Ellen Edmunds, and Jenny Oaks Baker. The next day we had some marvelous moments with the rest of the line up. Both my mother and I came away rejuvinated and enlightened. I hope everyone has the chance to attend one at least once in their life. Its was great!

Lastly, its my 1 year anniversary today. I need to give a shout out to my wonderful, adoring husband Gary. He is the best man, husband in the whole wide world! Its just down hill from here, right?

4 comments:

Arizona Manwarings said...

WOW a whole year already that is awsome, and you are defentaly right after the first year it just whizzes by. Congrats!

A 'n D said...

happy happy anniversary! i was logging on JUST for that!
have a wonderful day! hope it isn't more of eternity before we get together again!

April said...

You made it a year! Yippeee!! I be it has been a blast for both of yoU! I can't wait to meet this hunkey hubby of yours. Sounds like he treats you well and he puts a smile on your face.

hannah said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful day for an anniversary, too. I love the weather in September. Hey, let me know when you get your Scentsy order in b/c I'm ready to spend some money!! :)