Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Holly Homemaker

Some of you may remember that in High School and my early College years I used to be super homemakery. I loved to cook and sew and craft. But for the last 7 or so years I have fallen out of that realm with trying to finish school and then getting married to a guy who cooks better than I do. So lets just say that I am little less of a homemaker than I used to be. But, I recently got a new serger which has been motivating to pick up my sewing skills again.

The story goes like this. I decided that I was going to make some drapes for our french doors off the dining room. However, searching the internet, I found some curtains with the same material that I was going to use (or close to it). So I baught them. Well, I didn't like them. Well, it was more that I LOATHED the curtains. By this point I was undecided about the color and then, I bought this cute wreath that was autum-ee and it really popped against the wall and so I decided to find some material that resembled those colors. Well, this is what I ended up with and I could not be more proud of myself for being a good designer today (only because that does not happen that often).





This is a cute bird house that I found at my new favorite store, Tai'pan!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo, love them!! i need curtains!!! my girls are the only ones who have curtains! what's up with that? i just need to get on it and make some too. it would make it nice if i had a serger though.

Arizona Manwarings said...

Way cute curtians, do you want to come make some for me now. We have only been here a year now and I still dont have any curtians up.

The Wettstein Family said...

So cute! I LOVE stripes!

Jess said...

Tai Pan Rocks! Its a good thing I don't live close to it because a girl could get into real trouble in there. Good job on the curtains, your house looks so cute.
Dan's a little peeved about the "old" comment. And, since you like good music, we just found the theme song from the season premiere trailer for CSI. The song is The Funeral by Band of Horses. Check it out, I think you'll like it. We'll see you guys in a couple weeks!

hannah said...

So cute! I love the bright colors! Tai pan is so fun. I could spend hours in there. :)

B K M & A said...

Absolutely darling! Well done! I loved your home, some day I will have one too :) By then you will be a interior designer and I will hire you. haha. You might have to fly out east to do it, but hey will make it a vaca. Miss you!