Wednesday, November 19, 2008

1st Annual 5K-be there or be square

Okay, so I have been trying to train for a 5K. I got the idea from Kim to do my own race. So I am. Because I have had such a response of interest I was debating whether to collect donations for a cause. We could just collect food for the food pantry or collect $$ for something else. What are your ideas?

The race will be held in Hyrum on Thanksgiving Day. I am starting it at 7:30 AM. We will meet at the Blacksmith Fork Church ( 200 S and 1300 E, Hyrum) about 7 AM. There is not really going to be any #'s or specific timing. If you want something like that, it will have to wait 'til next year (just kidding) I think my husband would be willing to time for us. This race is going to be WAY unofficial, but it might be fun to run for a cause.

Also I was thinking of two paths we could take. One would be up the canyon and back (pretty, but cold and slightly harder run due to incline) or into town and back (still cold, not as pretty, but slightly easier as a mostly level run.

Let me know I would love to hear what your ideas are...

3 comments:

April said...

Jennie,
I will talk to my family tonight, but I think they would all be up for it. I think the cans of food is a great idea! I just better get my free tshirt out of it! JUst kidding!

Just be...... said...

I think this will be fun. The flatter course will be better too. Sometimes you can contact the Salt Lake City running company store and ask them to donate shirts that didn't sale at previous races. Then we can just write our own date on them with a sharpie. It's a great way to recycle and it's fun.

Megan said...

Hi Jennie! I got an e-mail about this with your blog linked to it. I've been looking for a Turkey Trot. If we're around, I'd love to be there. Guess I better get training!

And I'm all for a flat course too. I can't imagine running up that big hill.