Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Relay For Life!!!

If any of you have ever done a Relay for Life, you know how much fun they can be. I had the awesome experience of the Relay for Life this weekend. This was the first time I participated. At first I was just going to do an hour of walking and call it good. This year they had the RFL on the Quad at USU. It was a complete BLAST!!!! I got up there Friday night and walked a few times around and just got caught up in all the fun of it. I didn't end up leaving that night until 11. Then I went back up at 8am the next day. We walked all over campus and had a ball. They had some yummy breakfast that was only $2. It was great. It lasted until (or I should say we lasted until) 4 pm. At which time I bailed to go see a movie with my sweetheart and Kason. Even now, we are planning next year and we hope to do even more events and get more participation and donations. I did this in honor of the following:

Kathy Jensen
Amber Chase
Kevin Allen
Grandpa Garner
Uncle Dale Reese
Aunt Skip Reese
Uncle Asa Garner
Darrell Brunsen
Some of these have won the battle and
some fought a good fight!

4 comments:

bamatamb said...

Thanks Jennie! You're awesome! :)Michonne

Brandi said...

Wish I could have joined in! Good for you! Being on the USU campus would have made it that much neater! I miss Logan!!!!!!!!!! How many hours did you end up walking?

Nicole said...

That is awesome. My heart goes out to Amber and all the others on your list. Good for you!

And I caught up on the previous post. YOU ARE BUSY!! I am so proud of you for running the race. that took guts and courage.

Girls camp sounds like it rocked! Oh and I mistake lots of things for bears too.

Torri P said...

so great Jennie! btw....when did Kathy Jensen pass away. I always wondered about her. Such a wonderful person she was! I miss our Sundays game days with her!