Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to school

THE AGGIES ARE BACK IN TOWN! Its time once again for me to hit the books. After a long 4 year hiates and (a degree later) I am going back to school on Monday to begin work on my 2nd Bachelors degree!

The story:

Returning to school has been on my mind for a couple of years, but I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do when I finished. I kept searching the catalog, web site, and talking to people about their jobs. I knew that I didn't want take more than 2 years to finish, I wanted to do something that was going to be financially worth it (happiness gets you to heaven, but money gets you through life), and I wanted it to be something that I knew and felt comfortable and enjoyed doing.

Professional and Technical Writing was where my search ended. In 3 semesters and an internship I will have another paper in my hand that won't just tell me I am smart, but it will scream "this girl'z got SKyLz!!!"

Once I began the process of financial aid and applying to the program I haven't looked back. Only recently have I felt that the Lord has had his hand in this process from the begining. It has taken me a long lifetime to get to where I am today. I guess I am just a late bloomer! :)

I won't say that I am not scared, because honestly, I am terrified! However, I feel sure that this is what I am supposed to be doing right now. Besides, it was George Eliot that said "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Amen George, Amen!

5 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

What was George Elliot's real name? I guess I could google it.
Congrats on starting school again. You are so brave! I'm too scared to go back for fear the professors might realize I am really stupid and shouldn't have gotten my first bachelors and take it away from me!
Technical writing... that is what my dad does for a living. If you need any assistance, I could ask him anything for you!

Jess said...

You go girl!

Brandi said...

Go Aggies! You go go go! You will do great! I miss Utah State and would love to go back myself. My degree has limited uses. Mike's secretaries make more money with no degree, than I did with mine. Hmmm. Someday I will make it back!
I am excited for you and know you will succeed!

Arizona Manwarings said...

GOOD LUCK I hope the first day is great!

hannah said...

congrats, jennie! you go girl!