Friday, March 5, 2010

Boy Howdy! Am I sore?

Okay, I did my 30 Day Shred video on Wednesday. Its Friday now and I feel like I am 80 years old. My legs hurt so bad!!! The funny thing is that I was interupted about 3 times in 10 minutes so I didn't get it done, but I still feel it today. Its okay though because my butt feels as hard as a rock. LOL!

Anyway, both Gare and I have had a horrendous week and so its been a little difficult to follow my goal of only eating out 2 times this month. We went out to Bajio last night and I went to McDonalds for breakfast this morning. So there goes my eatout days. Oh well. Now the real challenge will be to eat in for the next month. Can I do it? I think I can, but I would really love some healthy yummy recipes if you have any. Gary thinks you can't make things healthy and yummy. I am out to prove him wrong. Wanna help? Post your favorite healthy recipe for me and I will post pics of our most favorite out of all your submissions.

2 comments:

bamatamb said...

I have to agree with Gary that the yummiest stuff is also the most unhealthy. However, that said, I DO think that there are things you can do to at least make the recipe a little better! Like Fat-free sour cream...I love me some sour cream, so I just use fat-free all the time. Light mayo or Miracle Whip, light Ranch, fat-free cream cheese, skim milk, light yogurt, light margarine, etc. all help make the recipe healthier and still taste good. Things like sliced cheese for sandwiches and hamburgers can also be bought in lower calorie versions (that are not gross--like the NO-fat versions.) Substituting half the amount of oil with applesauce is hardly noticeable in the taste, brown sugar is healthier than white, and egg whites are good for baking and have less cholesterol. Those are just a few suggestions. Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

i AM SO proud of you jennie
:)
KEEP KICKIN TUSHY!!


EVERYTHING still good for the 13th?
im off to vegas in the morning till the 11th....
i will see you soon :)