Friday, December 5, 2008

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer to the end you get, the faster it goes!

So it is now officially December 2008. Its really crazy to me how time just flies by. It seems like just yesterday that I was a little girl and so excited for the Christmas season. I loved all the lights and trees. Santa would come to our house and find out what we wanted (that was a scary experience). There was always a lot of snow and my brothers and I would play and play and build snowmen and snow forts and we would go sledding in Mantua. Oh, the good times of being young. Well, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas season. May you enjoy all your traditions and make new ones to remember.

Christmas seems the time of year,
That the air is full of warmth and cheer.
The feeling of people young and old,
Is brighter and better among all the cold.
Families come from all around
To celebrate the season, every pound!
We rush all around our town you see,
To collect packages for those friends that be.
Watching the lights that twinkle and glow
Hoping and wishing for lots of snow.
I am excited for this holiday especially now,
For I have really an understanding of how
The love of our Savior is blessed within us.
As we think of him, may we push back the fuss.
Our savior is the only one you see,
Its he who makes the season, feelings, and brightness be!

Merry Christmas Y'all!

7 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

YAY for Christmas!! I'm sorry I missed the 5K, I was planning on coming, but my mom-in-law had serious anxiety about Thanksgiving dinner, and I couldn't leave her. I ended up having to step in and take over. Maybe next year!! How did it go? Did you get a big turn out?

Macie's Momma said...

thanks for the comment, i love connecting! I really think we should plan a perry reunion for the spring or summer! what do you think??

Jennie Moore said...

Lady Di!

The race (or I should say run because there was no competition) went really well. We had a few show up (about 15) and I ran more than I walked, so it was great! It really wasn't that big of deal, but I am definitely planning it for next year. I collected food for the food pantry and even though it wasn't a ton, the people there were so greatful, so be ready for next year and bring your family. It will be really fun! We may even have tshirts.

Jennie Moore said...

Stacie,

I think a Perry reunion would be great. I think next June marks our 15 year class reunion. It may be really fun to get together around then or maybe around the 4th of July because I know a lot of people are still coming back for the parade and carnival at the park. It would be really fun. Lets do it!

Jess said...

Jennie, my sis called me lat night and wants to know how long it takes to get "scentsy" stuff after she orders it. She would just place her order online because she is in Arizona right now. Let me know!

Jess said...

Hey Jennie,
Another question. Apparently my sister goton your website and ordered some stuff. She said it never asked for any form of payment. How do we handle that? If you know how much it will be I can pay you for it this weekend when you come. I think she will also have to have you ship it up here when you get it so can you add shipping onto it or will you be back before christmas again? Sorry for all the trouble.

Anonymous said...

hey JEN! thank you for posting on my blog..:)
Im so excited to do the drawing!!!!

Looks like you are doing WONDERFUL----really, you look amazing!

let keep in touch. I will add you to my personal blog.
www.allthingsinthewest.blogspot.com