Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A touch of nostalgia...

Okay, so one of my classes this semester is Creative Non-Fiction writing (aka: Memoirs). At first I was really excited about this class. But, the more we are getting into it, I am nervous about being able to recall some of my memories. So I decided to pull out my scrapbook and look at some pictures to see if I was able to bring back some memories. I am posting some pictures that were some of the good days. I did get a laugh out of most of these. Some of which my not so frequent bloggers might get a kick out of. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.


Me and Grandma Stella circa 1980.
I always thought it was cool that we had matching coats. I soon lost that coat and was bummed out.

Dennis and I in 1982.
We had these Fisher Price Skis that we decided to go play. I think it was this day that he started calling me Geneology. It was easy for him to remember my name I guess. He still calls me that sometimes.
Me, Dad, Ryan, and Christina(in front). 1983
Some time in the summer. Notice the orange rocker that my dad is sitting in. We had those chairs for the longest time. They were a blast to play in.

First Day of Kindgergarten. 1981
I wouldn't get on the bus in the morning. I was terrified. But then when it was time to get off the bus in the afternoon, I wouldn't get off. LOL. I was such a fickle little girl. I was shy and somewhat stubborn and always felt self concious. But if you notice on my pants the little fruit applicate. Those were my favorite pants ever!





Uncle Sam & Miss Liberty Float in the Perry 4th of July Parade. 1981
there is me, Jed Simper (behind me), Tracy Stack (behind Amie), Amie Jo Walker, Tyler Wagstaff, Steven Francis (I think), and I think its either Brett Hillam or Travis Nielsen behind him. I am not sure. Tracy was Miss Liberty, Steven was Uncle Sam. Good times, eh?



My 5th Birthday Party. July 21, 1981

Front Row: Kassie Reese, Me, Kevin Tams, Robert, Andrus Twin (probably Robbie), Amie Jo Walker, Jeff NelsonBack Row: Suzanne Stewart, Steven Francis, Andrus Twin (Richie), and Travis Nielsen

And the fiest d'resistance....



Girls Party 6th Grade!!!!

MaShel Berguson had a party for all the girls in the 6th Grade. It was way to fun, scary, hilarious, and crazy!

Front Row: Amie Jo Walker, Stacy Hansen, Kalani Moss

Back Row: Shelley Johnson, Me (don't ask...those were the beginning of my awkward stages, I didn't get out of it until college), Jennifer Dorius, MaShel Berguson, and Karie Grube.

7 comments:

bamatamb said...

Love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those we so awesome!!!

Shelley Hansen said...

What was I doing to you?? Apparently those were my awkward days as well!! I so remember that party.. we were all a bunch of weirdo's! :)

Nicole said...

Those are some great pictures! I love yours and your grandma's matching coats!

The Wettstein Family said...

We had a hideous orange rocker too! Loved that thing!

amy morgan said...

How sweet are you?! Thanks for the nice comment ;) So fun to find you're a blogger too! Consider yourself "blogstalked"!

Brandi said...

Such cute pictures of you. I want to see more. Miss you!